My resolution to use the Mr. and Mrs. Scarecrow fabric is “kind of” finished. I made a small wall quilt from the fabric, but I didn’t totally use up the half yard.
Here’s the story behind the wall quilt. Several months ago, Sharon, our guild Challenge Chairman, issued a “Paint Chip Challenge” quilt. Participants had to find and use paint colors that began with their initials. For A, L, D I found “Autumn Moon,” “Let’s Do Lunch,” and “Dogwood Petal.” As you can see in the upper left corner of the photo, all three are bland, neutral tones; nothing bright in the bunch. Fortunately, the paint chip colors coordinated with the scarecrow fabric, so I combined my November resolution with the guild challenge.
(The design was small and simple, because I made it a couple of hours before the guild meeting. Nothing motivates like a deadline!)
Scroll in to see the “scarecrow” quilting in the blue border.
As for the rest of the scarecrow fabric, I contemplate making placemats to accompany the small fall wall quilt!